- What is Java?
Java is a programming language and computing platform first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. It is the underlying technology that powers state-of-the-art programs including utilities, games, and business applications. Java runs on more than 850 million personal computers worldwide, and on billions of devices worldwide, including mobile and TV devices.
- Why do I need Java?
There are lots of applications and websites that won't work unless you have Java installed, and more are created every day. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java is everywhere
- Course Outline:
- An Introduction to Java Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming and Java
- Java Basics
- Working with Objects
- Arrays, Conditionals, and Loops
- Creating Classes and Applications in Java
- More About Methods
- Java Applet Basics
- Graphics, Fonts, and Color
- Simple Animation and Threads
- Managing Simple Events and Interactivity
- The Java Swing
- Windows, Networking, and Other Tidbits
- Packages and Interfaces
Weekend Classes For Java Programming